Posted to alt.home.repair
Bumblebee Bumblebee is offline

Default Tile question

Hi - Opinions on installing tile over linoleum?
I have a newer house (4yrs old) When we had it built, we had linoleum
installed with the idea of doing tile later on down the road. Since
it's newer, I imagine that the removal is going to be a major pain.
I've done several DIY tile jobs in the past, but never any over
linoleum.
I am not planning on installing directly to the linoleum. I would
either buy concrete backerboard and screw it down (through the
linoleum and into the plywood subfloor) or apply some sort of metal
mesh (such as stucco netting) screw it down, and then apply the tile
over that. I've seen several discussions online and most all say do
not install tile to linoleum... but none of them include these extra
steps, they are all talking about laying tile directly over the
linoleum.

Thanks