Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lee Valley

Low grade bolts could cost them a lot of money if they are not labeled
correctly or with warnings. Tractors and trucks rely on quality bolts
that don't break or snap apart. Head stamps helps this. But false stamps
are rampant. They even got into the airline industry.

They have a lot of odds and ends and cater mostly to the 4-H and 1 horse
families. In a pinch, a brazing rod can be found or flux - They sell
small farm - e.g. banker farm size tractors and such.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 9/26/2010 7:10 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
wrote:

For quantities of low end bolts etc, nothing beats TSC - buy by the
lb.

I like TSC, but I'm fully aware of the quality trade offs when buying from
them. Most of their stuff is low quality. They count on an emotional
customer base that still believes there is some connection to the fabled
honest farmer of Americana. I did notice you stated "low end bolts" - a bit
better grade of fastener would eliminate that need for quantities of that
low end junk.

That said - it is really fun to walk into the place...