Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Interesting job opening in Bakersfield, California

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 14:46:48 -0700, Hawke wrote:
On 9/23/2010 10:23 AM, wrote:
On Sep 23, 1:10 pm, Don wrote:

No, that assertion stands, at least in my area. I know of no filling
station where an employee will pump my fuel for me. Things may be
different in Arizona. I trust that your job continues to be
satisfactory as you make your regular contributions to social security
and medicare (thank you) like a good, responsible citizen.

New Jersey and Oregon prohibit pumping gas by the driver. I think
their idea is to create jobs, but my response is to continue on to the
next state.

I was in Oregon a while back and they still had people pumping gas for
you. It always surprised me when someone would come out to pump the gas
for me. I found it kind of insulting. I mean, here in California everyone
pumps their own gas. It's so simple that nobody thinks a thing about it.
The idea that it's something you need help with is ridiculous.

It's not. The idea is, you don't have to get out of your car, dink around
with that stupid hose and get gasoline and other crud from the gas pump
nozzle all over your hands and clothes.

I guess Californians have never heard the term, "Service Station." ;-)

In fact, several years ago I was kind of surprised that at this one
station I didn't have to pre-pay!

Cheers!
Rich