Posted to alt.home.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default 110 to door bell?

aemeijers wrote:
On 9/26/2010 6:27 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 18:46:04 -0400, wrote:

I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then haul ass.

I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get shocked. How do I
wire a live wire to the buzzer?

Thanks in advance.

This sounds like a troll, and if you do this you could end up in
prison.

Why not place a hidden video camera pointing toward the doorball.
Hook camera to a VCR or other recording device, and keep the camera
turned on till you catch them. Then just show the video to their
parents or the police.

While I dont recommend this, you could actually connect a wire to a
large battery operated capacitor discharge circuit. (such as a
livestock or dog electric fence controller). This is not lethal, but
still could get you in trouble when the postman, the police, or anyone
else touches it.

Why hide the camera? To scare off kids (at least the non-tech-savvy
ones), one of those 20-buck fake video cameras from Harbor Freight would
likely be enough.

If they dont steal a visible camera.......