Posted to alt.home.repair
Hank[_6_] Hank[_6_] is offline

Default I bought an edger...

On Sep 26, 8:07*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

The bolts are tight - I've removed the carb several times, but I'll bet the
gasket between the carb and the engine is kerplunked allowing air
infiltration. I have some gasket material from which I'll make a new one and
give it a try. On a similar quest, this Tecumseh engine has two adjustable
needle valves. I adjusted these both to 1-1/2 turns from fully closed. Is
that right.

Thanks for the tip.

At the garage sale, I bought a B&D electric edger for $15 and the owner
threw in the gas one for another ten.

1-1/2 turns is the starting point and should run pretty good there.

First, are you sure both screws are for needle valves? Could one be
for the idle? Usually there is only one needle to adjust.

Second, if the carb sits on top of the tank, be sure the screen
(filter) at the bottom of the pick-up tube is not blocked. Also check
to see that water or debris isn't laying on the bottom of the tank.
Cleaning just the carb and not cleaning the entire fuel system isn't
doing much good.

Hank ~~~assuming it is a 4 stroke engine