Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default Durable cheap finish for home built receiver

On 9/25/2010 4:16 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 13:27:54 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sep 23, 10:53 pm, "David R. wrote:
Durable cheap finish for home built receiver

I recently finished a home made AR-15 receiver made from 304 SS and
6061-T6 AL. Now I want to give it a cheap flat black or dark gray
finish, preferably something I can spray on and maybe bake in the oven.
I remember a discussion something like this a while ago, but I can't
locate it.

David

Many year ago we used a Sherwin Williams rattle can paint to paint
staples that were used in a air driven stapler. These were 1.25 or
1.5 inch staples. The paint was a one part epoxy appliance paint. We
got the tip on the paint from the Duofast staple salesman. That was
eons ago, so recommend that you contact the Duofast salesman in your
area and ask him. Sherwin Williams may have changed the formulation,
or there might be something better by now.

Dan

You talking Heathkit stereo, or gun?

:^)

Oddly enough, I was just researching online Heathkit manuals for my
AR-14 receiver which is starting to act flakey. I remember the AR-15
Heathkit as state of the art at the time.

David