Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Interesting job opening in Bakersfield, California

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 07:30:27 -0700, wrote:

I said I know of no filling station in my area where an employee will
pump fuel for me.

Yes, but that was part of weaseling out of your original claim that
"there are no longer any gas-pumping jobs". See any qualifiers?

I overgeneralized, sorry. There are none around here but there must be
gas-pumping jobs somewhere in the world, apparently in New Jersey and
Oregon among other places. So those without jobs here need only
migrate to New Jersey, Oregon, or perhaps Arizona? Ah, but the
welfare is so much better in MN than in NJ, OR or AZ!

Let's extend the logic snorf you've employed here...

Idiot: There are no cars anymore
Perplexed: Huh? There are more cars now than there ever were.
Idiot: No, there aren't. At least, I can't see any ever since I locked
myself in my basement.

That's rich, coming from an anonymous and remote hermit.

The refutation is clear - that there are lots of low-end jobs, more
than there's ever been, including gas pumping jobs, and including
entire states where self-serve doesn't exist. And places where
self-serve stations are not only required to pump for the disabled,
but at self-serve prices.

Far as I know, MN has no such laws. We don't need such laws. Outside
the metro area and within it in most cases, I'm quite sure that a
disabled person would be cheerfully assisted as a matter of "Minnesota
Nice" and that isn't limited to employees. I'd help in a heartbeat as
would most Minnesotans.

Are you in touch with the minimum wage job market?

LOL Who's trolling now? I'm retired as well, and you damned well know
it.

Retired as in dropped out for at least a decade, unemployed and living
as a hermit making no contributions to society like FICA or medicare.
Totally self-sufficient, off-grid, independent. Healthy, hearty and
fit now, will eventually quietly die in the desert anonymously without
recourse to the public tit you've avoided contributing to for at least
a decade? If so, I respect that choice and course.

Or will you eventually cry out as a citizen, claiming your rights to
the earnings of others via medicare and Obamacare as you now invoke
first amendment rights that you've never defended?

Not judging your choice of lifestyle, it's a free country. I do note
the hypocrisy in your choice of lifestyle vs your judgement of others.
Probably a troll but I'm a gullible mark for benefit of doubt.
Minnesota nice and all, yoo betcha.