Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default Question about ring rollers

I am certain it could be done, but probably not cold. You would have significant thickness difference across the profile though. I
would never consider this as the correct solution though. I would be cutting this from sheet. It would cheaper, faster and without
material stress.
Steve

"sbnjhfty" wrote in message ...
Using a cheap ring roller (which I have not purchased at this point)
such as http://www.harborfreight.com/tubing-roller-99736.html

Would it be possible to roll a piece of 1/4 or 3/8 x 1-1/4 CDS
(cold drawn steel) on it's 1-1/4 dimension to a 16" circle? Hard
to explain but I don't need to roll it on it's narrow side but rather
the wide side. I know you could roll it on the wide side easily but
the narrow side possibly presents problems. This probably a question
more about the material than the machine. As in would the material hold it's shape or would it kink? Any tips are
appreciated.