Posted to alt.home.repair

Default steel doors - how much security?

wrote in message
Just got finished with my last mini-job repairing a steel door that had
been "kicked open". This is the third "steel" door I have repaired or
replaced in the last two years. All off these doors were the typical
doorknob and deadbolt combo door that you buy at the bigbox-type building
supply superstore that we see everywhere. The wood prehung frame for
these doors is incredibly weak -- very, very poor construction from a
security standpoint.

The next time you do a security audit for the protection of your family,
check the entry doors first. I recommend upgrading to steel doors with
*steel* frames. If you can't go this route, I would suggest steel
reinforcement for the cheap steel doors commonly available.

Just a thought. In this day and age........

Three times in two years? Maybe you should consider moving.