Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Don Lancaster Don Lancaster is offline

Default Need a pair of handle index parts for an HP 833A Spectrum Analyzermainframe.

Don Lancaster wrote:

On 9/25/2010 9:51 AM, WallyWallWhackr wrote:
On Sep 23, 10:14 am, Don wrote:
These attach to the carrying handle and let you adjust the position.
Need both the handle part and the chassis part.

The handle part is cylindrical and about an inch in diameter.
The chassis part is a rectangular square with machined rings in it.

Used condition fine.

Also need a new lid if the price is reasonable.

Many thanks,

Ebay has kits like that. Folks that insert equipment into rack
mounts and the like never use those kits and some of them are
smart enough to sell them. You can also buy it from HP as a kit,
but I assumed that you knew that already and posted looking for
a cheaper route. After spending not to many personal hours
looking though, you could have simply bought the HP kit.

Thanks for the tip, but this is the pivot for the tilt handle, and is
not involved in the rack mount stuff.

Also HP has discontinued all parts support for this item.
But possibly the same handle pivot is used on something newer.

I wouldn't bet on it. They don't discontinue an item, until it is
either NLA from their supplier, or every piece of equipment that used it
has dropped off the end of long term support. I can find no reference
to HP 833A, except for this message. IS that the right model number?

Oops 853A. pectrum analyzer mainframe.
Agilent shows no parts support except for a user manual.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email:

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com