Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Higher Amp battery - more power?

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 18:57:01 -0700, G Mulcaster wrote:

Hi folks,

I have a Makita 18V Cordless Impact Driver (BTD141) and Drill (BHP452)
set with 1.5A batteries. Compared to another 18V drill I have
(Mastercraft), the Makitas lack power.

These are the units availabe at Home Depot and are black and white in
color rather than the traditional Makita blue.

If I were to purchase 3A batteries, which are readily available, would
I have more power, or would the drills simply run longer?

Thanks, Gary

I'd think that gearing would also be an issue?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing