Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default 110 to door bell?

On Sep 24, 5:46*pm, "Sonny" wrote:
I have some neighbor kids who ring the door bell, then haul ass.

I'd like to wire it, so when they push the bell, they get shocked. How do I
wire a live wire to the buzzer?

Thanks in advance.

1) Go down to your nearest farm supply store and buy a low cost
electric fence charger. A proven technology with little aftereffect on
the protagonist. Take the button out of the circuit, of course.
2) Connect your door bell to an X10 device to turn on the porch
(whatever) light. Try to avoid the temptation to use a hidden blasting
cap instead.
3) Install multiple phony door bell buttons, some lighted, others
not.
4) Place a sticky coated mat where the perp would stand to push the
button. Roofing tar is cheap...
Have fun.

Joe