Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Archon Archon is offline

Default TV turns off plugged into surge protector

On 9/25/2010 12:44 PM, westom wrote:
On Sep 24, 8:20 pm, wrote:
Read up on MOV's

Snip crazed rant

Provided for Jo are possible reasons why a TV might cut out and why
unplugging resets a lockout function. A cheap protector connected
that TV directly to AC mains. Made no electrical changes. Protector
remains inert - does nothing - until 120 volts exceeds its let-through
voltage: 330 volts. That cheap protector is not modifying
electricity. Something else (maybe mechanical) would explain TV power
off.

You seem to be missing the point.

OP wanted to know why surge power strip ceased to work

I had direct experience of same and explained

I did not and do not promote the effectiveness or usefulness of such
surge power strips.

You provided a total other argument as to why the TV did not work,
totally irrelevant to my post

As Michael says you seem to have a bit of a problem with surge
protectors, not my problem, I'm really not interested.

JC