Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Finished it today. (Last kitchen)

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 07:59:43 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Sep 23, 11:33*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:44:57 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

wrote:
On Sep 23, 8:31*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
What's your CNC setup, again?

General 4 x 8 Elte Spindle 3HP with 3Phase VFD.

http://www.generalcnc.ca/cnc_for_production

He's a big boy. (Sounds expensive.) *I'll bet it's fun to work with.

I'm glad I bought the size I did, thatsafursure. One thing I did
learn, is when one makes the commitment to buy one, one must allow a

2nd mortgage required?

non-productive time in order to tackle the learning curve.

How many months?

It is not
nearly as bad as I want my customers to believe, but a solid knowledge
of vector editing and file-conversion is essential.

Ah should whup on Corel some more first, y'reckon? I just picked up
X5, upgading from v3 to v9, then to X5 over the years. I don't yet
have my Wacom tablet set up in Win7, but I might do that this weekend
while I let my bod rest. (I can't keep up this pace or a limb will
surely fall off.)

What formats are you finding most common to be converted to/from, Toy?

The boys at
Vectric have created an incredible piece of software that would have
cost $10,000 not too long ago. Their Aspire package is insanely
powerful and relatively friendly to use.

It looks pretty nice. Is it a fully-3D CAD/CAM package?

Owning a cnc without a package like that forces one to grow a brain
like Morris's and who wants that? G

Cat's got brains? Or do you mean that smoky guy, Philip Morris? Or
that wonderful artistic guy, William Morris? Oh, you mean that
strapping young DIY CNCer of Stirling reputation from EyeOhWay,
don'tcha? Seņor Dovey. Yeah, who wants _that_?

--
Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people.
Others have no imagination whatsoever.