Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default Durable cheap finish for home built receiver

On 9/25/2010 2:02 PM, Rich Grise wrote:
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 21:53:36 -0500, David R. Birch wrote:

Durable cheap finish for home built receiver

I recently finished a home made AR-15 receiver made from 304 SS and
6061-T6 AL. Now I want to give it a cheap flat black or dark gray finish,
preferably something I can spray on and maybe bake in the oven. I remember
a discussion something like this a while ago, but I can't locate it.

Any ideas or suggestions, either for the process or locating the
discussion?

Have you considered "black oxide" for the steel and black anodizing
for the aluminum?

Thanks,
Rich

Yes, not cheap enough. Thanks.