Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce Esquibel[_2_] Bruce Esquibel[_2_] is offline

Default Pinch Rollers Hi8 Video Heads Select By Size not Model Teac Military VCR V-80AB V-800AB

Wild_Bill wrote:

Any help in obtaining parts would be gratefully appreciated.
I'd like to find a US supplier of Hi8/Video8 pinch rollers where I can
select the rollers by the actual part dimensions instead of Brand-Model.

I'd also like to find a supplier with the same selection for upper
drum/video heads for Hi8 tape mechanisms.

I really can't imagine who else there would be to deal with except Sony.

I'm pretty confident saying they had a lock on the market with Hi8,
especially with decks. Besides Teac, Pioneer had one or two models and as
far as I remember, besides the nameplate, inside they were identical to
another Sony model.

Besides buying scrap units off ebay and crossing your fingers, it seems
rather doubtful anyone is stocking any kind of parts of those, including
Sony.

I'd guess it'll be harder finding NOS parts for those than beta ones at this
point.

-bruce