Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kfvorwerk@gmail.com is offline

Default Durable cheap finish for home built receiver

On Sep 23, 4:53*pm, "David R. Birch" wrote:
Durable cheap finish for home built receiver

I recently finished a home made AR-15 receiver made from 304 SS and
6061-T6 AL. Now I want to give it a cheap flat black or dark gray
finish, preferably something I can spray on and maybe bake in the oven.
I remember a discussion something like this a while ago, but I can't
locate it.

Any ideas or suggestions, either for the process or locating the discussion?

David

The*one*I*saw*was*spray*can*Rustoleum*Flat*Black*o n*an*AK*receiver.*It*was*then*baked*in*an*oven*at* 300*I*think.*I've*done*this*to*my*socket*wrench*bo x*and*seems*as*durable*as*the*original*paint.
http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=8857.0
Karl