Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator not working again

The Daring Dufas on Thu, 23 Sep 2010
22:19:20 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On 9/23/2010 12:28 PM, Rich Grise wrote:
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 02:44:28 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:
The Daring fired this volley in

Where did you learn about the famous "frammistan"?

It's in the manual, right next to the page showing the three-pronged
veeblefork.

Where are the muffler bearings?

Believe it or not, there is such a thing as a muffler bearing. A front
wheel drive car may have one to accommodate the movement of a transverse
mounted engine.

It used to be a joke among used care salesmen, when telling people
what was wrong with their trade-ins in the '60s& '70s. "Our mechanic just
informed me that we'll have to take $250 off our offer, since the muffler
bearings are bad..." ;-)

That's why I never traded in a used car, or bought one off a lot.

The other was a joke to confuse the new guy at the parts counter,
when one of the mechanics would tell him he needed a muffler bearing for a
65 Mustang. Maybe it was a regional thing?

In USAF electronics tech school, we used to send the newbies out for a
bucket of prop wash, 20 ft. of flight line, a cup of grid-leak bias,
and when doing the floor, a buffer amplifier. ;-)

Some guy actually came back with a cup of some pink liquid, which
they had told him was "grid-leak bias."

And then there's the guy who wanted to borrow a Crescent wrench, and
the shop guy asked, "Metric or standard?" ;-)

Had a co-worker who would respond to request for "a butt load" of
anything with "That a standard or metric butt load?"
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!