Reestit Mutton

Default Stainless Steel splashbacks

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what to look for in a stainless steel splashback and
what to avoid? It seems that I can pay extortionate amounts (£100+) for
a known-brand splashback or peanuts (£25-£30) for a sheet of stainless
steel cut to size but I don't know if there's any difference between the
two options (assuming the edges are clean and straight, that is).

Some people quote the thickness and grade of their steel e.g. 1.2mm 301
dpi. What thickness is considered standard for a cooker splashback and
what does the DPI rating tell you?

Should I just go for the cheapest one I can find (1.2mm 304 DPI for £25)?

cheers,
Laurence.