Posted to alt.home.repair
frank1492 frank1492 is offline

Default Automatic Alarm Reset on Skylink

I would like to know before I buy it, unfortunately
..

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:44:52 -0700, "Bill"
wrote:

"frank1492" wrote in message
I'm thinking of connecting 3 vibration sensors to a Skylink AA-433
Audio Alarm. The co. tells me it will reset in 3 minutes, but I am
skeptical as the person sounded incompetent and there is nothing in
the manual that suggests this. It only says "can only be armed
disarmed with the remote."
I find it hard to believe that any alarm system doesn't have an
auto reset feature for when you're away. Is this common?
Anybody know this unit? Won't buy until I get definitive info.
Help much appreciated.
Frank

Older alarms had no automatic reset.

Newer alarms can be designed to do anything. I suggest you set it off and
see what happens. Perhaps place the noise making device in a closet under a
pillow or whatever.