Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Switch off at the socket?

Tim Watts wrote:

Planning is the issue. Huge anti-nuke groups mobilising to delay things.

My view is that none of those people have any right to complain unless
they are prepared to take themselves off grid, run with a windmill
and/or PV panel set and free up a bit of capacity for the rest of us.

Oh, I wouldn't say that, because the same argument could be held to
apply to windfarms.

No, people have a right to protest, BUT I WISH here was ANYONE in a
government ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD that had an engineering qualification.

Apart from the president of Iran, who allegedly has..

Then we might get them explaining why we need nuclear power, and how
safe it really is.

But I would wager they'll be the first to complain when the lights go out.

BTW - I'd be more than happy to have a nuke down the the road - I'd
probably try and get a job there - would cut down my commute at least...

Me too. No problem apart from the massive grid connections. But reusing
the sites already so equipped means that at most, the pylons will just
get a bit bigger. No especial extra lines needed.