Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again

I used to stuff components for a wave solder. The guy who tended the
machine used to say "go with the flow, bro" which we thought was
funny.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

control board to my house and I would look it over. One look and it
was
obvious that there was a bad solder joint on the line input common
mode
choke coil and a bit of solder restored it completely. I will bet
not
one in a hundred of these "pros" even know what a common mode choke
is.

David

The majority of HVAC techs have no idea how to do board level repairs.
I find cold solder joints all the time and am able to get a system up
and running without having to replace an expensive circuit board. The
catch is, how much time will it take to repair a one hundred dollar
circuit board vs $85.00 per hour. ---- it's a simplified example.
Don't yap about how expensive most control boards are. Ask an HVAC
tech what wave soldering is and he/she/it smile and wave at you.

TDD