Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again

On 9/23/2010 10:48 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 22:19:20 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

I put an oscillator inside a hollowed out D-cell to show smart asses
who asked me for an AC battery. When I showed up with my AC battery
I would get this "we're just kidding, there's no such thing." Then I
hooked it to a scope and said "SEE?". I swiped the idea from I don't
remember who. 8-)

TDD

Causing many heads to look like the watermelons at a Gallagher
show, I assume :-)

Turn about is fair play but outsmarting smart-asses causes them to
hate you and they waste countless hours trying to get back at you.
I love pranks but draw the line at anything destructive or something
that could possibly cause someone harm, like the old gasoline in the
fire extinguisher gag. When I worked in a repair depot so many years
ago, our individual work benches had a master switch to kill the
power to the various magnifier lamps, test gear and soldering stations.
One of my coworkers was a REAL gun nut. He had guns everywhere. He had
at least two on him at any time so I couldn't resist. I painted his
soldering iron with liquid flux then coated it with gun powder. He
came into work that day in a foul mood growling at everything in sight,
slammed down what he was carrying on his work bench, flipped on the
power switch and we all cringed expecting him to go berserk and shoot
everyone in sight. After 10 seconds a big flash and puff of smoke
came from his soldering iron, he jumped up and screamed like a woman
in a monster movie then started giggling. After that he was OK and in a
good mood the rest of the day. See, pranks can be therapeutic! 8-)

TDD