Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Makita miter saw value - conclusion

In article
,
Smitty Two wrote:

Friend has an older Makita 10" miter chop saw. Not compound, not
sliding. Model is 2400B if that means anything to anyone. Says he'd be
happy to sell it to me but he has no idea of the value.

New Makita compound miter saws are going for $200, but despite the extra
feature I'm guessing they're not the same quality as this older saw.
Nothing on eBay right now for comparison, not even completed listings.

I'm thinking I'd be happy at $100, squeamish but satisfied at $150. What
say y'all?

Thanks to all respondents. The deal is done at $100.