Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Steve wrote:

"Michael A. wrote in message

HVAC wrote:

wrote in message

I've never been so busy. Seriously.

I do commercial only and all I can say
is WHAT recession?

Now we know who you do commercials FOR - Brobama !

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

It's only a recession if you don't have work.

And your only an ignorant asshole if you work in HVAC.

The same could be said ofinsert your vocation here.

Sigh. I was a Broadcast engineer at three TV stations and a bunch of
AM radio stations. All of which would fire you on the spot if you were
inept, or an asshole.

I ran a repair depot for a large MSO CATV operator, where we did
millions of dollars worth of repairs for the various systems we owned.

I also worked in manufacturing and engineering for a company that
provided Telemetry systems for NASA, NOAA and the European Space
Agency. They never told us how to do our job. They just asked for a
price and wrote a check. Some of our equipment was still in use over 30
years after delivery and had never been serviced. It was being used to
track some of NASA's deep space probes that were launched in the early
'70s.

My work is aboard the International Space Station, while yours is
rusting in moldy basements, and your industry has a reputation worse
that TV repairmen used to.

Hey Mike, I worked out at The Kwajalein Missile Range back in 87 and 88,
there was a lot of telemetry going on there, did you happen to be
working in the telemetry field at the time? It's now The Ronald Reagan
Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site, I think I know why it was renamed.
There was some pretty cool stuff going on there back in the late 80's
and I'll bet there is some even cooler stuff going on there now. And
speaking of cool, there was a good sized sat dish with a cryo cooled
LNA or LNB right near my living quarters. I loved it out in the islands.

No, I was in that field in the late '90s and early '00s, until my
health failed. Did you use any equipment from Microdyne? They were
still supplying parts& upgrades for the 1100 series they built during
that era. The 1200 series was still in production, along with the
700/1620 series, and the 1400 series. I worked on the launch of their
RCB2000/DR2000 series to move it from prototype to production ready.

I wasn't working on any of the missile systems, I was working for a
contractor building facilities. The only electronic systems I worked
on were the office phone system, the two way radios, any control
problems, access control, Halon fire suppression system, of course,
any of the guys having a problem with a TV, VCR or tape player asked
for my help. I had to rebuild the voltage regulator for the 20kw gen
set on our crew boat. I took it to the TV repair shop there on the
island and found an FET from a TV that worked in the regulator and
had the generator back up and running. The gen set ran a compressor
for the air starters on the twin 12 cylinder supercharged Detroit
Diesel engines. The smart ass captain liked to start those monsters
when I was down in the engine room checking things out. I kept ear
plugs handy, especially whenever I had to go to any of the power
plants. I loved it out there and would have stayed if I hadn't been
transferred to a 20 man housing unit that had 19 smokers living in it.

TDD