Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE Monogram Freezer

On Sep 23, 6:09*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Mark M wrote:
?The home we are buying has a side by side GE Monogram all freezer
and all refrigerator. *These are separate, freestanding, units. *In
looking the house over, I opened the freezer door and closed it. *It
would not reopen until about 10 seconds had passed. *I tried this
several times and each time the same thing happened.

It was as if there was a timer or interlock on the door that
prevented it from being reopened for a few seconds after being
closed. *The house has no manual for the freezer or refrigerator, so
I'm hoping someone here with a similar unit can enlighten me on
what's happening?

All well-sealed freezers will exhibit this behavior.

When you opened the door, warm air was exchanged for the existing cold air.