Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Dang! More Fuel Cell information!

Kurt Ullman wrote:

They are making "huge profits" because they are big companies. The
average profit margin for oil companies run around 8%, the average
industrial profit margin is around 6.5%. (If you back out the auto
industry, they have a profit margin that is actually less than
average). I might take your umbrage about oil company profits a
little more seriously if you were even more upset about biotech and
computer software where the profit margin runs to just under 20%. If
you make 8%, you are going to make more profits at $100 than at $10.
Profit numbers are so high because the amount sold is so high.

It's well known that the combination mini-mart and gas station (We call 'em
"Stop-N-Robs") makes a higher percentage profit on Beef Jerky than it does
on fuel.