Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Fender Showman from 1963

Arfa

Teleton SAQ-307! yes I had one o them. Marvelous amplifier, didn't it have
some unusual feature for it's day, slider control or something?
I had mine in my shop driving a stack consiting of a 15" Gauss in a home
made Altec Voice of the Theatre copy, a 12" Gauss VotT copy and a whopping
great Vitavox multicell horn (courtesy of the recently closed local
ODEON). No electronic crossovers in those days!
Even tho it was only a few watts, it could visibly make the shop window
shake in time to the music (Dark Side of the Moon - Most impressive)

Ron(UK)

The treble and bass controls are sliders, Ron. I was always told that this
amp was designed in Germany, and built in Japan. You can't get above about
number 4 on the volume knob before it's blowing the glass out of the
windows. As you say, a marvelous amp for its day, and based on the crap I
see now on a daily basis, still up there in terms of performance. There were
actually several versions of it, as I recall. The name Solatron or Solarton
maybe, comes to mind as another version ??

Arfa