Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Finished it today. (Last kitchen)

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:16:06 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Sep 23, 7:28*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
What materials are those made from? *Wood and black solid surface?

*bowing my head in shame*
.
.
.
.
.
.
UniBoard melamine and laminate.

OMFG!

It was an exercise in material usage and adaptability. The key issue
was to hide all them frickin' wires. This one will take 60" up to 300#
and still slide comfortable away from the wall. Some options include
powerbars and surge protectors. One comes with genuine Variac power
conditioning. I _can_ make them from quality veneers and solid surface/
quartz but I keep trying to bring these in under $2K.

WHAT? You're getting a couple grand for glorified melamine MDF board?
I'm in the wrong freakin' business. (I thought that looked something
like a SketchUp grain rather than real woodgrain.)

All the tool-
pathing has been done. One bit change, and 3 sheets of whatever. All
the cut-offs turn into ribbing which are all set up for wire chases.

Cool.

What's your CNC setup, again?

--
Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people.
Others have no imagination whatsoever.