Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Finished it today. (Last kitchen)

On Sep 23, 7:28*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 06:29:06 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

wrote:
On Sep 23, 9:00*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:59:19 -0400, Robatoy

wrote:
No more after this.
As a favour to Angela's bestest friend (and here I thought that was me)
I got involved with this project and saw it to its completion.
Monday I installed the corbels in the island as I was going over my
limit of granite overhang.
Today I stuck in the 525 pound granite island, mounted the sinks and
seamed the quartz on the L-shape.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...astKitchen.jpg

All my orders are filled, just taking cnc projects from now on. I might
take on a vanity or something challenging.

Congrats on your re'tarment.

Thank you.

What are you doing in the CNC realm so far, Toy?

A few hundred round plastic discs with holes and numbers for some
farmer who is going to hang them off a bunch of cattle's ears.

Faskinatin', wot?

Then a 4' x 8' image of a cartoon-like bee for a honey place and a
64' (feet) sign for same out of plexi.
Then a bunch of 32 mm panels. Tomorrow a coat of arms in 3D.

OK, now we're getting into the fun stuff.

Then
build another one of these plasma stands:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...y/TuToneAV.jpg

What materials are those made from? *Wood and black solid surface?

*bowing my head in shame*
..
..
..
..
..
..
UniBoard melamine and laminate.
It was an exercise in material usage and adaptability. The key issue
was to hide all them frickin' wires. This one will take 60" up to 300#
and still slide comfortable away from the wall. Some options include
powerbars and surge protectors. One comes with genuine Variac power
conditioning. I _can_ make them from quality veneers and solid surface/
quartz but I keep trying to bring these in under $2K. All the tool-
pathing has been done. One bit change, and 3 sheets of whatever. All
the cut-offs turn into ribbing which are all set up for wire chases.