Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30441 Ignoramus30441 is offline

Default Refrigerator not working again!

On 2010-09-24, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus30441 wrote:

Well, here's a little update.

After 36 hours of sitting without power, the fridge would not start,
the compressor motor buzzes and shuts off in 20 seconds or so.

So, presumptively, the compressor is seized. I want to know how much
would it cost to replace it, by a fridge repair professional of
course.

Thanks

That is when I'd toss it. Next machine, forget the eye candy electronics, it isn't
required to make a decent fridge.

We bought it used for not too much.

But I agree. I do not think that the electronics is at fault here,
though. For a garage fridge, we need a bare bones simple fridge. I
would like a side by side, but without water or ice maker.

I'm still running a 1987 Hotpoint that came with my modular home.
I've replaced the fan in the freezer section and the mechanical
defrost timer, both fairly cheap and a learning experience. A
compressor with labor costs, that is time to walk away and buy
another fridge. I hope your wife isn't into stainless steel and
other cost increasers.

For inside the house, maybe, but for the garage regular white should
work.