Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Makita miter saw value

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
Friend has an older Makita 10" miter chop saw. Not compound, not
sliding. Model is 2400B if that means anything to anyone. Says he'd be
happy to sell it to me but he has no idea of the value.

New Makita compound miter saws are going for $200, but despite the
extra feature I'm guessing they're not the same quality as this older
saw. Nothing on eBay right now for comparison, not even completed
listings.

I'm thinking I'd be happy at $100, squeamish but satisfied at $150.
What say y'all?

Here's a Makita miter saw on Houston Craigslist for $60
http://houston.craigslist.org/tls/1917334943.html

Here's one for $200
http://houston.craigslist.org/tls/1907741785.html

Search the Craigslist listings nearest you for prices in your neighborhood.

Good idea. The $60 one you posted looks like ****, and the $200 one
looks like the ones that sell new for $200. I'm guessing neither of
those two get sold at those prices. I'll check locally.