Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again

Yes, cold solder joints are a common problem. GE refrigerators are
another example of this. A friend of mine is a computer repairman, so
I've given him a couple GE boards to remelt. Havn't used them in the
field yet, but I'm guessing they are fine.

I'm glad you were able to repair the board.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"David"
wrote in message ...

The "pro" said the motor
controller was bad, the board was no longer available, so
both the motor and controller needed replacing for $800. The
neighbor is a bit of a handyman so I asked him to bring the
control board to my house and I would look it over. One look
and it was obvious that there was a bad solder joint on the
line input common mode choke coil and a bit of solder
restored it completely. I will bet not one in a hundred of
these "pros" even know what a common mode choke is.

David

David