Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Fat Cat" pool table dis-assembly?

On Sep 20, 12:44*pm, "Cliff Hartle" wrote:
Pretty sure that the slate is not bolted down, but there are bolts under the
slate that hold the two halves of the table together.

"Joe J" wrote in message

We're moving and have a Fat Cat 8x4 ft pool table in the basement that I
would like to move. *First, anybody know how to contact them? *Internet
searching has been fruitless. *I'm trying to find instructions on how to
disassemble it. *The mover's opinion is that you have to tear off the felt
to get to the bolts holding the slate top in place. *That just doesn't
seem right. *Anyone have experience taking a pool table apart? *I can't
find Fat Cat's web site but that is their manufacture name and they've
been around for years. *Assembled weight is over 800lbs.
Thanks- Hide quoted text -

On most of them there are a number of screw holes in the slate and it
is screwed to the frame below it. The holes are then filled before
the felt is put on. I watched them put mine together and the fat cat
manual link I posted shows the same thing for his table. I'm pretty
sure that is farily universal.