Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spamlet Spamlet is offline

Default Photocell lights

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message
Are photocell lights or sockets -
that turn the lamp off during daylight -
still available?
I've been looking around for one,
but haven't had any luck.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

They used to have Phillips CFL ones with a built in censor, but they were
much too bright, and the one I did shell out for did not last very long.

For outdoors I have all my lights running through one of the type of photo
switches they use in street lights, and it has not given any trouble in a
number of years use. (The kind of switch that is just a small block
moulding did not last very long at all, and left even golf ball lamps
flicking on and off, so steer clear of them, if you are looking at
controlling your outdoor lights.)