IMM

Default How Can I get Good Water Pressure to my Shower??

wrote in message
Digressing a little, my house is an end terrace in a block of 4. The
water supply comes through my garden to the back of the house then
runs along to feed the other 3. My cold fed electric shower shuts off
due to low pressure if the cold tap downstairs is turned on or the
washing machine starts filling. If there is nobody else in then it
sometimes shuts off for no reason so I can only assume that it's the
other 3 houses sapping the pressure. My neighbour across the road has
the same water supply situation and he had a talk with the water
supplier about upgrading the feed. The price put him off, but what he
did find out was that the water supply to his house belongs to him.
The other 3 houses have no automatic right to take a feed off his
supply. He is within his rights to cut the other 3 off and force them
to have their own supply pipes installed. The same applies in my case.
So if the neighbours **** me off then I could cut them off and become
the real neighbour from hell.

It made me think about the time a few years ago when the mains supply
burst just 6 inches forward of my front garden boundary. Had it been
inside, forcing me to fork out probably several hundreds to get it
repaired, would it be reasonable to ask the other 3 houses to
contribute to the costs? As I have good neigbours I doubt whether I
would.

Get a price from the water company to have individual large bore mains to
the three house. The neighbours may be forced into it as "when yours is
updated , their will be cut off". Everyone benefits the mains is updated.

---