Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael[_21_] Michael[_21_] is offline

Default general question: mainboard caps

On Sep 22, 8:52*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Michael wrote:

On Sep 22, 2:00 pm, "Daniel Mandic" wrote:
larry moe 'n curly wrote:

With any iron, a chisel tip, about
2mm - 2.5mm wide, works better than a conical tip, and tips are best
cleaned with curly brass hair or a damp paper towel, not a sponge.

A good watered sponge does work. Good condition solder-tip expected....

So many Tips and Tricks you gave, I don't think Michael will understand
the halve of it ;-)

--
Daniel Mandic

Dad always used a sponge (repaired TVs and radios decades ago) for
solder work. *I prefer a used tissue personally. *(A sponge is such a
waste.)

* *Then why is the industry standard for manufacturing? *They can be

What? There is still electronics manufacturing in the United States?
8-D