Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Finished it today. (Last kitchen)

If someone told me they were going to make a black kitchen island, I
would make a very funny face. *Having seen yours, my preconception
goes right down that drain in its corner.

I've been in the planning stages for an island in my little kitchen
and have been keeping an eye on designs. I have noticed it is almost
the rule lately that the island contrasts the cabinetry. Natural wood
island with painted cabs, white painted island with cherry cabs, etc.
Even many\most with different types of doors and details than the
cabinets.

I have maple cabs and think I'll go with a white island. It will
compliment my white built-ins and fireplace surround in the adjoining
living room and baseboards throughout.