Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Random thought: Right tilt vs left tilt

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:40:42 -0700, SonomaProducts.com wrote:

I strongly prefer a left tilt table saw as most do (except lefties I
suppose).I sometimes see right tilt saw for sale pretty cheap, like an
old unisaw for a few hun. What if you swaped the wires on the motor,
swaped the fence and ran the bitch from the other side? Could that be
done?

I'm a lefty. I've used both. Just a matter of getting used to it. I
have been known to move the rip fence to the left side on a right tilt so
the blade tilts away from the fence.