Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Why I Never Wear Safety Goggles...

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:58:49 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:59:42 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote

Had you actually done everything right, slivers -couldn't- have found
their way into your corneas, Steve.

You're right. I wasn't there. I didn't see what I saw. I didn't
experience what I experienced.

Say what you will, but if you got slivers in your eyes, something
-wasn't- quite right. Period.

Goggles with 1" diameter vent holes? No lenses? What was it?

Uvex safety glasses. None of the three was a direct strike, either
ricochets, or a sliver falling in and lodging.

What is it with you and this mindset that things absolutely cannot happen in
the real world unless you have experienced them, or have some reliable (to
you) source.

Crazy **** happens daily in the safety world, but only in the world of those
people who can observe what happened and say, "Hmmmmmmmmmmmm," and not in
the world of those who say, "Impossible. Can never happen."

Because 99.999999% of the time, "perfect" wasn't.

The newspapers and Internet are FULL! of crazy events that no one thought
possible of plausible, yet happened. Or at least some lying fool claimed it
happened, but they are filtered by your extraordinarily intelligent mind to
disqualify them from reality.

Sacre bleu! You refuse to bow and scrape to my magnificence?

--
Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people.
Others have no imagination whatsoever.