Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac
LSMFT LSMFT is offline

Default Refrigerator not working again

Ignoramus25344 wrote:
If you recall, a month or so ago I posted about a refrigerator not
working.

The compressor unit in it would keep trying to start and would be
unable to start, tripping an overload relay.

After some "time off" to let the system cool, the fridge started just
fine. I also replaced a capacitor and relay (which was very cheap and
possibly not needed) and thought that I was done.

However, since yesterday it started having trouble again. Letting it
cool down for a couple of hours would get it started, only to find it
unable to restart a few hours later.

What could be the culprit here? Unlike last time, there is no
emergency, as we have less food and all our food easily fits in
another fridge.

The refrigerator is a Kenmore made by Amana with fancy electronic
front control.

Your motor has lack of lubrication and is seizing up. Since it's in a
sealed can you can't fix it. Putting lubrication in the coolant could
help but you can't do that either without unsoldering connections and
capturing the coolant and could cost more to fix than to throw out and
buy a new one.

--
LSMFT

I look outside this morning and everything was in 3D!