Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Baseball bats - Ash vs. Maple?

-MIKE- wrote in
:

Not sure about that. I think there are laminated bats, now. I may be
wrong, or maybe they're just experimenting with it in the minors.

In any case, I don't see a need to do anything. If you look at the
odds, someone getting hurt by a flying broken bat is about as rare as
getting hit by lighting while cashing a winning mega-millions lotto
ticket.

I've never heard of anyone getting hit by lightning while cashing a
winning mega-millions lotto ticket, but I know of a few Cubs players over
time who have gotten hit with flying broken bats. Right now, it's just a
hazard of being a player.

Puckdropper