Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Why I Never Wear Safety Goggles...

On 9/21/2010 5:11 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

Might as well show ther finished pics. ;~)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5011298245/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

WOW!!

I actually touched the screen ... Fantastic job picking the the parts
for grain and color!

They are even more beautiful in person. Ask me how I know ...

If I'm not mistaken, the walnut is from a stash he and I picked up in AR
last year, or the year before. They were basically 4 x 4 black walnut
posts 4' to 6' long ... we brought back a pickup load. There were lots
of checks and cracks, but some beautiful walnut if you know how, and
have the tools, to get to it ...

(Leon presented me with one of those boxes exactly like that on my b'day
last month ... it is so damn gorgeous in person that you can't keep your
hands off of it!)

Our birthdays are a couple of days apart ... I got the best deal, by
far!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010