Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Detecting when sensor lights turn on

On Sep 22, 3:34 am, pete wrote:

IFACK there is no inexpensive way to do this. Depending on the
value of assets the guard is guarding it might make more sense
to have him NOT patrol, and monitor the sensors remotely wit CCTV.

If he really, really must patrol and receive notifications while
out and be able to distinguish false positives from actual alerts
then I'd suggest some sort of golf-cart type buggy with the tech.
(wirelesssly connected laptop) installed in that, as carrying
something like that which was ruggedished and weatherproof would
be expensive, unreliable, easy to "forget" and inconvenient.
(Plus you'd need to have another one on the shelf as a spare.)

A cheaper option might be to get a guard dog.

There's an intrusion about once a month, so I think the guard gets
bored waiting for somthing to happen.

Yes I think he'd be best to monitor the CCTV. I monitor a much smaller
site and I don't wander around at night. But then I can see all the
sensor lights. I also have microphones which detect the sound of
footsteps. Actually that might be a good solution, to just broadcast
the sounds from a bunch of microphones to the guard. And the sensor
lights could go "ding ding"!