Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default How To Clean Your Clothes Dryer Vent (with pictures)

On Sep 19, 4:24*pm, "WW" wrote:
"Paul Michaels" wrote in message

I read a home fire safety article recently and it inspired me to clean
the hot air exhaust vent on our clothes dryer. I also figured it would
help the appliance run more efficiently and cost us less money to use.

I used a wet/dry shop vacuum, but just doing the cleaning by hand
works really well too. I took pictures of the process and created a
quick guide.

Here's the gallery -
http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/C...t-Vent-Lint-Cl...

There were some small holes around the part of the hose that connects
to the outside vent, so I used metal HVAC duct tape to create a better
seal. That should prevent any of the hot air from entering the house
and making the air conditioner work harder.

I hope someone finds it to be useful.

Cheers,
Paul Michaels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Paul.... Get rid of that ribbed flex hose. Smooth 4 inch aluminum vent pipe
is less restriction. Faster drying time and longer electric heater life. I
did appliance repair for 40 years. ww- Hide quoted text -

Once I started using a front load washer, my dry time was reduced
substantially.

If I replace my ribbed flex hose with rigid, I'll probably just have
to show my wet clothes to the dryer and they'll be done!