Posted to rec.woodworking
willshak willshak is offline

Default EasyCoper Review

Sonny wrote the following:
The tool looks to be an advantage or convenience for cutting copes. I
would also recommend, whether either using the tool or cutting by
hand, to do as Norm suggests: After your 45° miter cut, mark/
highlight the outer face (profile) edge with a pencil, so that you can
more easily see and follow the proper line of cut. For those of us
with failing close-up eyesight, this highlighting mark is helpful.

Sonny

I was going to add the same hint to my response.I had it all typed in
and then deleted it. :-)
I learned that hint back in the 80s when I worked part-time for a GC.
And it's not just for us with failing eyesight. Those copes are usually
made on-site where the lighting (if any) may not be as good as in the shop.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY