Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] wmbjkREMOVE@citlink.net is offline

Default Interesting job opening in Bakersfield, California

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:25:43 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 04:47:26 -0700 (PDT), Jessica Wabbit
wrote:

Not a lot of jobs other than medical or oilfield work here in
Taft/Bakersfield
Nearly all the jobs need serious college degrees.

Gunner

Bakersfiled is a college graduate community? No Walmart, no Mc
Donald, ...?

Unemployed PhD's have about the same income as unemployed dropouts.

In the recession of '71, a lot of CA aerospace engineers were flipping
burgers and pumping gas. Unfortunately, there are no longer any
gas-pumping jobs.

So what? What's your point here? The plain and simple fact is that if
gummer wanted to work, then he'd get a job. The kind of jobs he's
qualified for have a high turnover rate, and are a dime a dozen. As it
happens, yesterday I talked to a friend who has several employees. On
behalf of an acquaintance, I asked my friend if he'd be interested in
a new hire even though work is slow. He said that he's *always* on the
lookout for replacements. That's how it is for those types of jobs -
the people who hold them are frequently far from perfect, and
therefore easy to displace by anyone who has more talent. And there
you have it - the most talented already have the jobs, and the least
talented (which includes motivation), continue to sit on their asses
making excuses. In this case, we have a guy ludicrously claiming to
have unlimited talent at the same time he admits being so broke that
he needs to pirate web access from a neighbor's provider. As if that
wasn't enough, there's un undeniable record to prove that his
excuse-making has been going on for 30 years.

BTW, the guy who asked me to inquire about that job, already has one.
He's considering a sideways move that might suit him better. Strange
eh that a regular guy has his choice of jobs, while genius IQ snorf
gummy claims year after year that there's no work. How dumb would
anyone have to be to believe his story?

Wayne