Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RS at work RS at work is offline

Default OT Starter overhaul

J. D. Slocomb wrote:
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:18:35 -0700 (PDT), RS at work
wrote:

ammed hard to find overhaul kits for starters?

The brushes that were installed weren't hard enough or the wrong
material.

What would a "starter overhaul kit" consist of? Both bushings, pinion
gear, brushes and the pull in relay? Probably pretty expensive for the
guy that only needs a couple of brushes :-)

Cheers,

John D. Slocomb
(jdslocombatgmail)

it used to be a starter kit had a bendix brushes and bushings. What I
got was the brush holder preloaded with new brushes. After I ordered,
I found a place that had all of the bushings with their kit.

Roger Shoaf