Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Taylor Peter Taylor is offline

Default Can I put a combination microwave oven above a floor standing elictric cooker?

"Ronald Raygun" wrote in message
Mick. wrote:

The space from the worktop to the bottom of the wall units is 12 1/2" and
the microwave is 14" high.
I had no say in the planning except choosing the colour as it is a
Housing
Ass flat.

I think 12.5" is completely unacceptable.

So do I. 450mm (18") is the normal minimum (three 6" tiles). If the
ceiling is low the normal way round it is to use shorter cupboards, not
reduce the working space underneath.

Housing Associations usually have a Design Standards Handbook or similar
which details kitchen dimensions like this and in my experience they are
very strict about making contractors stick to them. I think it would be
worth telling them the problem and ask them what their standards say.