Tony Bryer

Default Condensing boiler - odd installation

In article , Mike.james
wrote:
Two ICOS boilers cost about the same as one Keston when
you take into account the extra installation costs not to
mention the increased space, flue etc and not being as
sophisticated..

We put twin Keston Celsius boilers in our church a couple of
years ago. The cost of the boilers is about the same as one
larger boiler but of course there is more work involved in
installation (free labour in our case so it didn't matter). In
the spring and autumn and when the building is up to temp you
can cut one boiler out and run the other more efficiently. The
other advantage is that you have usefully degree of redundancy:
if one boiler is out for any reason the other keeps going. It
does of course also mean that there are two to service, but if
the engineer is already there this shouldn't cost too much.

Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
http://www.sda.co.uk/qsedbuk.htm